Dear Victory House Family,
Over the past few months, the world has experienced unprecedented times. Throughout this time, The Victory House has sought to carefully navigate the impact of the Covid-19 virus, honor our national and state government, while being faithful to God and our church community. We have missed the love and fellowship of being present with one another, but have been greatly encouraged by the online connections, emails, texts and messages that have resounded with the sentiment of “The Victory House is alive and well!” We believe that our best days are ahead of us!
As states are beginning to reopen, we have prayerfully sought the Lord for wisdom as to when The Victory House should resume meeting together for services. Thank you for your understanding as we continue to navigate this on a day by day basis. We intend to weekly review all the information that has been offered to us through our government and news media. Our heart is to provide a safe and healthy place for all to gather and worship the Lord.
Both the TVH staff and Advisory Team have thoroughly and prayerfully discussed the reopening of TVH and we have peace about moving forward to begin that process. The simplest way to relay the current information is through the following bullet points.
On Sunday, May 31st, we would like to gather together for worship service.
We are currently looking for alternatives to meeting inside our church building. While the building is a wonderful home, it is not large enough for us to adequately follow social distancing guidelines. We are looking elsewhere at a few other possible local options.
If we are unable to secure an alternate location, we will gather outside at The Victory House. In that event, we will encourage everyone to bring a lawn chair and possibly an umbrella (to shade from the sun). The TVH bathrooms will be available, but the rest of the church building will be closed off.
Our desire is that everyone would be at peace with their own decision to either attend the gathering or view the service online via livestream. We want to be very sensitive to those who have underlying health issues or do not feel comfortable with a public gathering as of yet. We love you and bless you in whatever decision is best for you.
We will keep you updated as we have more specific information regarding our May 31st service. Again, thank you for your patience as we prayerfully navigate decisions that are honoring to the Lord and to each other. We are the Body of Christ and we know it is the Lord’s heart for us to be together. The Apostle Paul writes:
“And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.”
Together We Advance,
Pastor Nick and the TVH Leadership Team
Dear TVH Family,
Public Service Announcement: Jesus is still on throne and He will be there… forever!
I am so thankful for the TVH family. We are a faith-filled, Spirit-led army of believers who are dedicated to the cause of Jesus Christ. As we walk through this season together, we can be filled with peace and joy knowing that Jesus is with us. Guess what? This is the moment we have been preparing for! It’s not in the future and it’s not in the past, it’s right now! I believe as we continue to seek the Lord, we are going to see the move of God that we have been longing for!
I would also like to take a few moments to share with you our TVH strategy going forward.
- Prayer! “The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.” Through the power of answered prayer we are going to see this wave of sickness and fear turn for the Glory of God. I would like to invite you to join me and many other believers throughout our nation who will be fasting until Pentecost. We are asking that you would sign up for a day to fast and pray. Together let’s cover all the days with fasting and prayer believing that revival is going to sweep through the world! Please click the link to sign up. Thank you! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050d4cada723a0fb6-fasting
- Day by day: Each day there is new information coming forth and being presented to the American people. Due to this ever-evolving situation, TVH leadership will not be making long term decisions, but will process new information on a day to day basis and prayerfully respond accordingly. As for this week, neither our Wednesday nor our Sunday service will be meeting.
- Stay connected! We are the body of Christ and this is the time to lovingly reach out to our church family and to your local neighbors in unconventional ways. Here are a few ways to help us all stay connected!
*Social Media: We will be posting daily to our TVH Facebook page as well as doing live broadcasts. This is a simple way to stay plugged in.
*The church app is a wonderful way to get updated alerts from TVH. This can be downloaded to your phone by searching “The Victory House” in the Apple store or Google Play. Please feel free to email the church at email@example.com. Also, we will be updating our church website frequently, so please stayed tuned at www.thevictoryhouse.org.
*Sunday services, Youth services and our Wednesday night services will all be available online. We are looking into different ways of streaming and pre-recording our services, including Facebook, YouTube and our website. Stay tuned as more info will be coming soon!
- We realize that many families are struggling. If you are without food, basic essentials, or are in any other dire situation, please contact us and we can help to connect you with assistance for your needs.
- Thank you so much for remaining faithful to your tithes and offering during these difficult times. We believe that as we are faithful to sow into the Kingdom, the Lord will open new doors for the Gospel message and the love of Jesus Christ to go forth into our community.
- Please click here to donate: http://thevictoryhouse.org/donate
Lifting you, our community and our nation up in prayer!
Together we advance,
Pastor Nick, Jackie and the TVH Leadership
UPDATE 3/15: Today, we will be canceling our Sunday morning service. A few of us will still be gathering to spend time in prayer and worship at 10:00 a.m. Please feel no pressure to come, but you are welcome to join us.
Dear TVH Family,
I wanted to take a few moments and share with you how The Victory House is responding to the threat of Coronavirus in Loudoun County.
Let’s begin by addressing fear. God is faithful and when the world panics, we have the joyful opportunity to not fall into the snare of fear.
"For God did not give you a spirit of fear but of power, love, and sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7
The Holy Spirit is the faithful and fearless Counselor who empowers His People to be wise and bold! I believe as the church models wisdom and boldness, we will be a light for the Gospel in this present day.
The Victory House will be meeting together for an abbreviated Sunday worship and prayer service (10:00AM - 11:15AM). We are taking the necessary precautions to keep our gatherings as safe as possible. As always, our facilities are clean and you will be able to find hand sanitizer throughout the building (in the lobby as well as in the back of the sanctuary).
This Sunday, we have decided to make a few wise and simple modifications to our regular routines. As always, our Greeting Team will be ready with a warm and friendly smile to welcome you on Sunday. In order to keep hands clean, we encourage you to greet each other with a warm “hello” instead of a hand shake. Our children’s ministry will take extra precautions as well to completely sanitize all toys, tables & chairs between each use.
We encourage you to follow the facts and not just the regular news outlets. The news outlets have a tendency to over sensationalize the news. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) has the latest information and safety tips https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html. If you believe that you have come in contact with the virus or have the virus please take the necessary precautions to keep others from getting sick.
We are a people who know and believe that prayer is powerful! James reminds us that “The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.” Let us stand firm in prayer against fear and pray for all hearts to turn to Jesus, who shed His precious Blood for our spiritual and physical healing. We look forward to coming together tomorrow to join in prayer for our Nation and lift up the Name of Jesus!
To the King!