Click a box to expand.
The Bible is...
- The divine revelation of God to mankind
- The fixed source of authority for our faith and conduct
- Without error and endurable for all generations and cultures
Scripture: 2 Timothy 3:15-17; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Peter 1:21; Psalm 119:160
- Eternal, having always existed outside of time and space
- A single Being consisting of three Persons - Father, Son, & Holy Spirit
- Omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent
- Good, merciful, just, and holy
Scripture: Genesis 1:1, 26-27; Psalm 90:2; Matthew 28:19; Luke 3:22
- The eternal Son of God, both fully God and fully man
- Conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin
- Without sin
- The only One who ultimately restores mankind from sin through the shedding of His blood
- Raised from the dead and seated with the Heavenly Father
- The healer of the sick
- Returning again to reign forever in the new heavens and new earth
Scripture: Revelation 1:8; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:31, 35; Hebrews 7:26; 1 Peter 2:22; Acts 2:22, 33; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Isaiah 53:4-5; Matthew 8:16-17; James 5:14-16; Matthew 28:6; Luke 24:39; 1 Corinthians 6:14; Acts 1:9, 11; Philippians 2:9-11; Hebrews 1:3
The Holy Spirit is...
- Active today to make people aware of their need of salvation
- Active today to empower believers to follow Christ more victoriously, offering a baptism that is subsequent to the salvation experience with gifts to confirm the power of the Gospel
- The gifts of the Holy Spirit shall operate in harmony with the Holy Scriptures and shall never be used in violation of biblical parameters
Scripture: John 16:7-13; John 14:16-17; Acts 1:8; Ephesians 1:13; 2 Corinthians 1:21-22; Romans 8:16; Luke 24:49; Acts 8:12-17; Acts 19:1-7; 1 Corinthians 12:1-31; Acts 10:44-46
- Made in the spiritual image of God
- Fallen from innocence due to a willful choice to do wrong
- Destined for eternal separation from God
- Provided an opportunity to be reconciled to God through Christ, not as a result of human effort and good works, but through faith alone
- Invited to choose Christ as Lord and Savior, repent of sin, and be regenerated through the power of the Holy Spirit
- Made into a new creation in Christ, established as a son or daughter of the Heavenly Father and are being transformed into the likeness of Christ
Scripture: Genesis 1:26-30; Genesis 3:6-24; Romans 3:23; Romans 5:12-19; Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8-9; John 3:3, 16; Acts 20:21; Romans 5:1; 1 John 1:9; Titus 2:11-13; 3:5-6; Romans 8:38-39; John 10:29; 2 Timothy 1:12; 1 Peter 1:3-5, 16; John 15:6; Hebrews 12:14; Revelation 22:19; Luke 8:13; Romans 12:1-2; 1 Thessalonians 5:23; Hebrews 13:12; Romans 6:1-11; Galatians 2:20; Philippians 2:12-13
The Future is...
- Hopeful for the Christ-follower because of the imminent, physical, and visible return of Christ to establish His Kingdom of a new heaven and new earth at a date undisclosed by the Scriptures
- Dismal and bleak for the unbeliever who has rejected Christ because of eternal judgment and damnation in hell, being separated from God
Scripture: 1 Corinthians 15:51-52; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; Revelation 22:5, 12-13; Romans 8:23; Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 3:13; John 14:2-3; Revelation 21:1-7; Mark 9:43-48; Revelation 20:11-15; Matthew 25:46
The Church is...
- A holy, monogamous, exclusive union designed by God, which joins together one man and one woman as delineated in Scripture
- A divinely ordained institution of God
- The basic unit of a healthy society
Scripture: Genesis 1:27-28; Matthew 19:4-6; Ephesians 5:22-33; 1 Corinthians 7:1-16; Hebrews 13:4; Leviticus 18:6-30; Genesis 2:24
Human life is...
- Begins at conception Is created in the image of God
- Is a sacred and precious gift given by God
- Must be protected; abortion is an injustice to human rights
- Is upheld, honored, and protected through advocacy and adoption
Scripture: Psalm 68:5-6; Psalm 139; Genesis 1:27-28; Psalm 22:27-31; Leviticus 18:21; Leviticus 20:1-4; Deuteronomy 12:31; John 10:10; Psalm 127:3-5; Matthew 19:14-15; Romans 8:15; 2 Corinthians 6:18; James 1:27; Psalm 82:3; Isaiah 1:17; John 1:12; Galatians 4:4-7
The Church is...
- The body of Christ that consists of all believers
- The primary means in which God expresses His manifold wisdom
- Observant of water baptism and holy communion
- Led by Christ through the grace of the five-fold ministry
Scripture: Galatians 3:28-29; 1 Peter 2:9; 1 Corinthians 12:13; Matthew 22:37-38; Ephesians 4:11-13, 16; Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 10:47-48; Romans 6:4; 1 Corinthians 11:26; 2 Peter 1:4
- A condition of the human heart since birth that causes each and every person to fall short of the standard of perfection established by God
- Any unrighteous behavior identified in the Holy Scriptures as interpreted by the pastoral leadership team and the Assemblies of God; therefore, requiring appropriate action, including sanctions as necessary, to protect the fellowship of believers and the testimony of Jesus Christ
Scripture: Romans 6:23; Romans 3:23, Romans 3:10; Jeremiah 17:9; Galatians 5:19-21; Matthew 18:15-17; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11
Human sexuality is...
- Designed by God to be expressed through joyful spiritual, emotional, and physical intimacy between a man and a woman who are married to each other
- Harmed through immoral behavior, such as adultery, fornication, homosexual or bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, pornography, attempts to change one's gender, or disagreement with one's biological gender, which are sin
- Redeemed, restored, and healed, offering hope for all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking God's mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ
Scripture: Ephesians 5; Genesis 1:23-24; Leviticus 18:6-30; Proverbs 5-7; Matthew 5:27-30; 1 Corinthians 5:9-11; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11; Colossians 3:5; 2 Peter 2:10-11; Galatians 5:1, 19-21; Hebrews 13:4; 1 John 1:9; 1 John 2:1-2; Romans 2:4; John 8:11; Ephesians 2:1-6; Colossians 1:13-14